Rights and Licensing
If you would like to request permission to use an image for purposes that are otherwise restricted, you will need a licence.
When requesting a licence from the Enquiries Team, you will be need to specify:
- reference number or the title/description of the image;
- the required format (e.g. .jpeg, .pdf) and resolution (e.g. 300dpi);
- the product in which it will be used (e.g. pamphlet, poster, website);
- the production run (e.g. 500 copies), if applicable;
- the term for which it is required (e.g. 3 years) ; and
- the territory within which it will be used or distributed (e.g. Wales, UK, worldwide).
- You may need the permission of the rights holder if the item is still in copyright. The onus will be on you to clear any rights relating to the item(s) that you wish to use.
- Reproductions will be subject to a fee and supplied under licence terms.
More information about the Library's management of copyright can be found in the website Copyright section.