This section describes the steps that you will need to take in order to request:
- digital or physical copies of items not available on the website;
- higher resolution versions of items from the Library's digital collections;
- to use items from the digital collections that are otherwise restricted (eg the commercial use of an image available under a open non-commercial licence).
More information about the Library's management of copyright can be found in the website Copyright section.
(1) You may need the permission of the rights holder if the item is still in copyright. The onus will be on you to clear any rights relating to the item(s) that you wish to use.
(2) Reproductions will be subject to a fee and supplied under licence terms.
For those wishing to submit a request, there are two steps to be taken:
Contact the Enquiries Team to request a copy.
If you are requesting a copy, you will be sent a Reprographic Form to complete with details of the item you wish to order and the medium in which you wish it to be supplied.
If you would like to request a high resolution digital image or permission to use an image for purposes that are otherwise restricted, you will need a licence.
When requesting a licence from the Enquiries Team, you will be need to specify:
- reference number or the title/description of the image;
- the required format (e.g. .jpeg, .pdf) and resolution (e.g. 300dpi);
- the product in which it will be used (e.g. pamphlet, poster, website);
- the production run (e.g. 500 copies), if applicable;
- the term for which it is required (e.g. 3 years) ; and
- the territory within which it will be used or distributed (e.g. Wales, UK, worldwide).